Saturday, September 29, 2007

An interview with Alec Torelli taken from Pokerbloggs.com

Interview with Alec Torelli AKa Traheho FTops winner and High Stakes Poker Player:

Alec Torelli

Q: How many years have you been playing poker?
A: 5

Q: Who taught you how to play?
A: Played wiht friends in home games for 5 dollars at a time and watched it on tv. But all self taught.

Q: What limits did you start at?
A: .25/.5 with a 5 dollar buy in at a home game

Q: Who is your mentor and or favorite player?
A: I really like Omgclayaiken and mjorgenson13.

Q: What is the story with Perkyshmerky?
A: Check my blog too long to type

Alec Torelli Blog
Perky O's
Q: How much was won is the game you played in NYC in Trump towers
and who was there?
A: I broke even and durrrr (Tom Dwan) and Z lost. Check blog again!

Q: Are you going to play in WSOP next year and if so what events?
A: Yes, and im playing every NL event i can. I'll be 21 so its my first chance to play. Been looking forward to it for 5 years.

Q: If you were to ever sell your gold jersey what would you want for
it?
A: Not for sale but if i won anohter one i'd sell it b/c they are the same and two of the sam thing is kinda worthless unless its WPT or WSOP braclet, idk .. 10K?

Q: Are you friends with Mike Matusow? What is he like? Is he how
he is portrayed on tv?
A: Very close and he is absolutely nuts. He is even crazier than on tv. He's not putting on an act or anything. Thats how he is all the time 100% of the time, regardless of whethers hes winning or losing. He makes me laugh probably more than anyone I've ever met. He's a good guy too. He has his head on straight and is big on pricnciple, which is hard to find these days.


Q: Are you seeing anyone? If so, does she play poker?
A: Yes. My old HS gf and I are back together. And no she doesn't play. As a matter of fact she probably knows the least about poker of any of the people Im close with.

Q: Who is the sickest online player in the world?
A: I'd have to say larslusak. that guys on a wholeeeee other level. stacks shift every 5 hands and he's really really sick good. He's a very high variance agressive player who has a style of his own. idk if this is true, but i heard he plays at the barracks in scandanavia while he serves his time for the military (meaning hes aroun 20 or s0) which makes the whole story even crazier.

Q: What do you plan to do with all the money?
A: Lose it of course. well no i bought a car recently and paid cash for it which was quite expensive. its a 2007 M6 and i put a bunch of money into it as well. I also got a bunch of new things for my room (HD tv's computers, screens, etc). However my main goal is to buy a house. Im looking into that a lot and hopefully I'll have one by early 08.

Q: Who is the richest poker player online either with their personal money
or from winnings and or both?
A: Thats hard really to say and it varies on a daily basis but my pick is mjorgenson13. Especially for how young he is (just turned 20) that kid has to have damn near 3 million.

Q: What inspired you to play poker?
A: I've been playing recreationally since i was a kid. My family and I would always play at family gatherings and holidays for fun. I guess it took off from there after it got big on tv. I never looked back since.

Poker Blog

No comments: